Aluminium scaffold is a lightweight solution for access up to a height of 12 meters indoors and 8 meters outdoors. South African National Standard for aluminium towers is SANS 51004: 2009.
The system is erected and inspected by the same person.
Training can be done in a single day. Our training center is accredited by PASMA and SSETA.
S1 - PASMA towers for users - 1 day
This program covers:
- Legal requirements and guidance for working at height with mobile access towers.
- PASMA rules for assembling, altering and dismantling towers.
- Best practice for fall protection and inspection of mobile towers.
- Completion of Tower Inspection Records;
- Hazards affecting the use of mobile access towers and how to avoid it.
Duration is 1 day and Certificates are valid for 5 years.
S2 - Erect and dismantle prefabricated aluminium scaffolding - 1 Day
A person credited with this unit standard will be able to describe the components of prefabricated aluminium scaffolding. They will be able to assemble and dismantle prefabricated aluminium scaffolding in a safe and efficient way. Training will also enable learners to move the unit when necessary. Learners will understand that safety must be a priority duration of the erection, dismantling and moving phases.
The Qualifying learner is capable of:
- Describing prefabricated aluminium scaffolding and its components.
- Preparing to erect prefabricated aluminium scaffolding.
- Erecting prefabricated aluminium towers.
- Dismantling and storing scaffolding.