1. Safety Officer on Retainer
If you need Safety support on a temporary basis to cover leave or projects, or while you are recruiting – we can create a solution for you. Our competent safety officer will represent you and manage the safety of your company on agreed intervals ranging from once a month to once a week or more often if the site complexity justifies it.
Safety Management Retainer Program
We work with smaller companies who understand the need for a safety officer to develop and manage a safety management system but don’t feel the need to employ a person on a full-time basis. Our safety officer will take care of the safety policies and procedures so you can get on with your business without having the unwanted confusion to deal with. Basic services includes:
- Risk assessment on all activities and processes.
- Drafting of legal appointments in accordance to Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993, and regulations requirements.
- Development of a site specific Safety Induction training program.
- Training needs analysis and matrix based on Occupational Health and Safety act, Act 85 of 1993.
- Develop, and assist with the implementation and maintenance of emergency evacuation procedures and escape plans.
- Plan, execute and audit annual emergency evacuation drill simulation.
- Develop, implement and maintain a contractor management program including Safety specifications for contractors.
- Compile a legal register based on client’s activities and processes.
- Assist with workplace related incident and accident investigations.
- Inform client of penalties which may be imposed by Department of Labour for any non-conformance related to legal requirements in terms of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, act 85 of 1993 and its regulations.
- Conduct 1 site visit/inspections per month and report findings and deviations to client.
- Assist and advise the client Health and Safety Committee chairperson during the quarterly meetings.
- Assist with the compilation of statutory record related to the Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993 and regulations.
2. Department of labor inspection or contravention notice
Department of labor inspections can be very intimidating especially if a Contravention notice is served. Give us a call to help you comply with the notice.
3. Client safety audit
Our safety officer can help you prepare for and conduct an audit by your clients.